Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Kari & Errol

It was such a pleasure spending the day getting to know Kara and Errol's entire families. I blended so far into this family that by the end of the night, I had a little girl clinging to my back I shot the toasts. I really had a great time.

Thanks to the coordination of the unflappable Linda Pickens, the day went off with only one hitch, the good kind. And, I have to say, with a family so dedicated to doing things right, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

One of my favorite aspects of shooting weddings is being exposed to so many different people's takes on love and life, as many people are wan to wane poetic at weddings. At the reception, we were honored with a dose of wisdom from many of the elder generation. One topic that came up a lot was hard work. It was clear that Kara's dad, for instance, believes that if you work hard, you can get what you want. You simply work toward it.

The words I heard at Kara and Errol's wedding resonated with me, as did everyone there.

Thanks for having me along. Enjoy the photos.










Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites