Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sunday thoughts

Today maybe Thursday, but I am feeling mellow and wanted to just talk today...

I had a great commercial shoot on Monday for Hotel Metro. This is a great spot for a smaller reception, but more so a beautiful place to spend the night. If you are looking for a fun place for guests to stay or even yourself, I highly recommend them. The hotel is small with really cute rooms.

We have had some great bookings lately. Our schedule is filling up fast. Please talk to us about 2008 soon.

I recently just met and booked a wedding with Angela from Top Shelf Weddings in Madison. I look forward to posting some photos from working with her.

Not to bring you down this morning, but I wanted to talk about NILMDTS
There was an article in the paper on Sunday talking about this. In case you might have missed the article or are unsure of what this is: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is an organization based on helping parents find a photographer to capture those special moments for a terminally ill child.

After being a part of this and offering this to people, these photos help to grieve and understand the beauty of their child that was taken away from them before his or her time.

I can only emotionally handle a couple of them a year, but I want to offer to all of those that might need my help. This is not just for newborns. I received a call for a one year old that has cancer. (My lept out to them and I am honored to be involved at any time.)

I offer, completely free of any charges, portrait on location, hi-res files, prints, and hi-res of the retouched files.

I love what I do. I am so lucky to make a living doing this, so if I can give back to you or anyone you know, please contact me. I am the proud parent of twin girls that spent some time in the NICU when they were born. I was given a gift of their lives and I want to keep returning the favor.

I am not an overly religious person, but have a faith in people, life, and our world. After being invited to photograph so many weddings, I have heard: 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:8. (Love is patient...)
I like the last part the most:
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

I think that is why I feel so strongly about photography and capturing moments. The love that I witness is so special, that when I can compliment the love with an amazing image; I feel that I have been able to outwardly show the love that was felt.

Smiles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites